Friday, December 9, 2011

Angel Silhouette

Last night I was working on a project for our church. We have several families that are adopting children, both domestically and internationally. As you can imagine, the cost of adoption is quite large. Donna and I, along with the Women's Ministry at the Station Church, are working to put a cookbook together so that we can create an adoption fund to help with current and future adoption needs within our church.  So, that brings me to the Angel Silhouette.

Last night, while baking a cake for an anniversary, we used my new toy, the Sizzix eClips, to cut these beautiful Angel Silhouettes to place on our reminder cards about the cookbook. We used this Angel Silhouette SVG file I found here, and imported it in to eCal (this is a specific version of SCAL made for the Sizzix eClips.

We cut these to fit on a 4 x 6 card. Because of the size of the card, we had to make these very small. I cut them 2 inches wide and 1.55 inches high. I used Wassau Card Stock, that I purchased at Target. The color I used on the top was White Gold. It had a shimmery look which is what I wanted for the angel. The shadow background was a basic red.

The angels have very intricate details on them so, I was concerned at how well they would cut out due to the size of the angel. Again, why do I doubt the Sizzix eClips??? It did amazingly well!!! As you can see, there are four hearts that get cut out, 3 on the bottom of her dress and 1 on the sleeve. They cut perfectly! I am excited and pleased with how they turned out! Attached are a few pictures of the finished project.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment